Seeking self-directed IT Support Engineer to focus on our growing list of business clientele. Experience with the Managed Service Provider business model is a plus. Experience and skills in server, desktop and peripheral management, client support and top-notch customer service is required. Project management experience required.
We are a Managed Service Provider serving the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee area for over 12 years. Position requires ability to serve this region in person, Monday through Friday.
Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Domain environments including, but not limited to: Active Directory, Domain Trusts, DNS, DHCP, File Services (DFSR), Web Services (IIS), Windows Server OS, server visualization (Hyper-V), and enterprise data backup solutions. Must posses understanding and applied knowledge of computer networks, to include TCP/IP fundamentals, routers, firewalls, managed switches, and VPN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Ability to diagnose IT and computer systems issues; server, workstations, peripherals, software, networking, VPN, mobile phones and operator errors.
• Installation and troubleshooting of hardware and peripheral components such as servers, network storage, routers, firewalls
• Management of Google Apps for Work, Microsoft Office 365, Encrypted email
• IT Project Management such as Server installations, upgrades, cloud migrations and O365 migration.
• Knowledge and ability to administer and maintain client servers in a production environment
• Troubleshoot & research business application, PC, server and network hardware errors
• Provide technical support both via phone remote and onsite service during the normal working hours
Must be familiar or able to become familiar with the following technologies:
• Advanced TCP/IP network troubleshooting
• Microsoft Office suite
• Microsoft Server OS
• AV and Anti-SPAM products
• Firewall and Disaster Recovery solutions
• VPN remote access configuration & troubleshooting
• Network printer troubleshooting
• Active Directory user management
• Network Administration
• Technical Client Customer Service
• MS Small Business Server
• IT Project Management
• Networking support
• Desktop support
• College/Technical education, AA or BS degree Requirements and Certifications
5+ years or greater IT support experience
3+ years or greater Windows Server administration experience.
This is a full-time position for qualified people who possess a friendly, outgoing, professional demeanor, have the ability to communicate effectively and are hardworking, reliable and dependable. Duties include traveling to outside businesses and residential locations using your own vehicle. You will be reimbursed for mileage.
Success looks different to everyone – life balance, job satisfaction, income, helping others. At the heart of our Senior IT Support Engineer role is an amazing opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company, while helping businesses grow and be more competitive. We offer a complete set of cutting edge tools to truly be able to provide complete IT solutions into the future for any sized company.
Please respond to this posting with a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experiences and how they relate to this position.